How to Take Care Of Your Running Shoes
For those who have to suffer from plantar fasciitis, choosing the best shoes for plantar fasciitis is difficult. Also, taking care of running shoes is difficult too. You have to pay a lot of money for a good pair of running shoes, so you surely want them to last for long. The life of your running shoes depends on how well you take care of them. If you don’t take care of your shoes well, it will premature wear out and lost cushioning. So, in this article, we share with you some tips on how to take care of your running shoes in order to keep them in good conditions.
Tips for Proper Use
- Try to wear your running shoes in the proper way, not rust while you wear or take off them. In fact, if you are in rush and just remove your shoes without undoing the lace, the design as well as the structure of your shoes may be affected.
- Your shoes may be wet while you run. Then, you shouldn’t put them in direct heat to try up. Also, you need to avoid dry your shoes by direct heat. That’s because it can damage leather and other materials.
- Instead of wearing a pair of running, you should buy two pairs. The fact is that rotating running shoes pair will last longer. This also helps to make time to decompress as well as dry them.
Tips for Cleaning
- Avoid washing your running shoes in washing machine or dryer.
- When you want to clean your shoes, don’t forget to remove the sock liner and insole. Besides, you should also remove laces and wash separately.
- To remove dirt on your shoes, you can use an old toothbrush with mildly warm water. Then, let them air dry.
Tips for Storage
You should store your running shoes in a clear dry environment at room temperature so as to avoid any damage. Instead of storing your shoes in a box, let’s store them in a place having proper ventilation. Also, you should avoid direct heat that can damage your shoes.
Tips for Replacement
If your shoes are worn out, you shouldn’t wear them because they can cause injuries and common running problems to you. They even can become serious issues. We recommend you to replace your running shoes after you wear them for about 400 miles. However, you may also have to replace them earlier if you see your outsole has other problems. That’s why you should judge yourself.
In conclusion, the durability of your running shoes depends on the way you take care of them. Sure, you won’t have to replace your running shoes early if you follow these tips we’ve shared with you on this post. After your run, you should follow these tips in order to take care of your shoes as well as make your running shoes a habit to ensure proper care and maintenance.